Stratford Racecourse is just a mile from Stratford-upon-Avon – meaning racegoers who stay with us can leave their car at Avonlea and walk to the course to enjoy the hospitality at one of the country’s leading small jump racecourses
Racing takes place regularly between March and October, with many top trainers and jockeys attending. The Summer race days attract families and groups who can picnic in the centre of the course.
Combine your stay at Avonlea with a visit to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Stratford Races this Summer or Autumn and you’ll be enjoying the Sport of Kings as well as seeing King Duncan in Macbeth – one of the King of Playwrights most famous plays.
We can’t promise that you’ll manage to pick a horse with wings (to quote Imogen in Cymbeline), but if you do fancy a flutter, here’s the dates to look out for:
- Sunday 16th July 2023 – Day Meeting – Family Day
- Sunday 23rd July 2023 – Day Meeting – Ladies Day
- Thursday 3rd August 2023 – Day Meeting
- Thursday 24th August 2023 – Day Meeting
- Thursday 31st August 2023 – Evening Meeting
- Saturday 9th September 2023 – Day Meeting
- Monday 9th October 2023 – Day Meeting
- Saturday 21st October 2023 – Day Meeting
- Thursday 2nd November 2023 – Day Meeting